Translate

2012年10月11日 星期四

FIRO-B


How the FIRO-B® Works 
The FIRO-B® (Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation - Behavior ™) instrument is a powerful instrument for uncovering your basic needs for interpersonal relationships. It is very often used in combination with the MBTI® as it identifies other deeply held needs which are not captured by the MBTI®. It therefore makes an excellent additional set of data for self understanding and understanding of others. It assesses how you typically behave towards others and how you would like others to behave towards you. It assesses needs in 3 areas, with behaviours in 2 "directions":




Inclusion


  • Expressed – I make an effort to include others in my activities. I try to belong, to join social groups - to be with people as much as possible
  • Wanted – I want other people to invite me to belong. I enjoy it when others notice me

Control


  • Expressed – I try to exert control and influence over things. I enjoy organising things and directing others
  • Wanted – I feel most comfortable working in well-defined situations. I try to get clear expectations and instructions

Affection


  • Expressed – I make an effort to get close to people. I am comfortable expressing personal feelings and I try to be supportive of others
  • Wanted – I want others to act warmly towards me. I enjoy it when people share their feelings with me and when they encourage my efforts.

Applications of the FIRO-B® 
The FIRO-B® tool is an excellent instrument for leadership development, conflict resolution and teambuilding. It provides data which is often not displayed to others and is even hidden from yourself. For this reason the FIRO-B® is used by expert coaches and trainers for more in-depth coaching or counselling of candidates. Common applications are:
  • Teambuilding – identifying likely sources of compatibility or tension, aiding effective decision making, improving communication, openness and trust
  • Leadership development – increasing self-awareness and interpersonal effectiveness for personal growth and leadership development
  • Relationship Counselling – identifying and resolving possible sources of incompatibility and dissatisfaction
  • Assessment – providing essential data when preparing candidates in assessment and development centres.


Understand the emotional and behavioural drivers of relationships with FIRO-B


This workshop uses a variety of learning methods and materials including interactive group work, presentations and real-life practice sessions. Each delegate will receive individual development feedback from experienced FIRO professionals.
The workshop covers the following areas:
  • Introduction to the FIRO-B instrument
  • FIRO-B administration and feedback to individuals and groups
  • The theory of interpersonal behaviour
  • Understanding and interpreting FIRO-B profiles
  • Construction and development of the FIRO-B instrument
  • The validity and reliability of the questionnaire
Duration             :   FRRO1 days/ 7 hours 

沒有留言:

張貼留言